- 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- 4Staff members
JSMC Educational Awards Program
To encourage our community students’ hard work and achievements, JSMC is pleased to announce the enhanced Scholarships and Loans Program for students who will be attending undergraduate college in the year 2020-21. The program has been enriched to include a few merit-based awards in addition to the ongoing needs-based awards.
Over the last 3 years, this initiative has already made 95 awards possible!
An independent Scholarship & Loan Committee has been instituted and will evaluate all applicants. During the process, the Committee will take utmost caution to ensure confidentiality of information submitted. All applications are due by 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎, through the online form. To apply and for more information, click here
Key Eligibility Criteria
1. A child of JSMC Life member
2. Applying for an undergraduate study
3. United States of America Citizen or Permanent Resident
4. Have not received a scholarship or loan through JSMC more than once before.
1. JSMC will pay the amount of scholarship or loan award directly to the college/university to which the applicant has been accepted.
2. An applicant may apply for a scholarship, interest-free loan, or both.
3. Under this program, an applicant can be awarded awards for a maximum of 2 years.
4. Principal repayment on loan will be on a defined repayment plan, which will be established at the time of loan disbursement. Loan applicants will be required to submit a Promissory Note duly signed by them, their Parent/Guardian, and the Guarantor.
5. Awardees commit to volunteering at least 20 hours at JSMC (per award) by 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏.
6. Awardees will become a part of the JSMC Education Award Alumni Network.
7. JSMC intends to award loans (up to $7,500) and scholarships (up to $2,500) to selected students, subject to the number of applicants and additional donors/contributors.
8. The committee will weigh financial need as an important factor in their consideration.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation.
10. Knowingly and willfully making any false or fraudulent statement during the process will disqualify the application.
1. Based on a Financial need and Education Merit
2. Amount for Loan and/or Scholarship based on available fund and number of applications
JSMC & subcommittee's goal is to make the program sustainable for many years to come. JSMC is pleased to offer sponsorship opportunities to entire Sangh to contribute towards this noble cause. While there are many ways to contribute, this is one way to do GYAN PRABHAVANA and support our next generation.
Program Team Contacts
JSMC Board of Trustees: Jignesh Jain, Samprati Shah